A Free Online Conference: Wednesday, October 25, 11:00 AM-3:15 PM ET
From the world’s largest resource on face-to-face marketing comes Event Marketing Safety & Security 2018, an online conference designed to arm you with the intelligence you need to:
PROTECT YOUR EVENTS. How to design event security strategies for events of all sizes, how to understand threat levels and how to best execute a protective event blueprint.
PREPARE FOR AN INCIDENT. Best practices and intelligence on creating contingency plans spanning health crises, medical emergencies, terrorism incidents, bio hazards and other “breaches.”
- REACT IF YOU NEED TO. How to review and react during a security or safety incident, how to stay in contact with attendees during a crisis and how to communicate with local authorities during an emergency.
11:00-11:30 AM ET: The New Rules of Event Safety: A Primer for Keeping Events Safe in a Changing World
We’ll kick things off with a look at where event security was, where event security is going and where your event security plans need to go.
- What’s changing in event safety
- What makes an event safe
- Common pitfalls/mistakes
- Event insurance checklist
Instructor: Scott Carroll, Executive VP, Take1 Insurance (and Secretary of the Event Safety Alliance)
11:45AM-12:15 PM ET: Event Security Staffing
The ins and outs of building the right safety and security team for events—the right people in the right places… all ready for the wrong things.
- Which security staffing roles are needed for which events
- Calculating how many security staffers you need: Ratio of security staff to crowd size
- Making an Entrance: From frisking to metal detectors and beyond, the latest thinking on event entrance security protocols
12:30-1:00 PM ET: Event Crisis Communications
Communications is the lynchpin – how do you keep everyone in the know.
- How to contact and stay in contact event attendees in an emergency
- How to communicate with local municipalities/first responders
- How to leveraging social media for communication in a crisis
Instructor: Shannon Jones, VP, Civic Entertainment Group
1:15-1:45 PM ET: Anatomy of an Emergency Plan
Understanding threat levels, contingencies and what to do in an emergency—that’s only a portion of what goes into a strategic and stable event security plan.
- The elements of a security plan and how they are changing
- Preparing for incidents of all sizes
- Adapting the security plan to the venue and contingency planning
Instructor: Steven Adelman, Partner, Adelman Law Group
1:45-2:00 PM ET: Emergency Plan Discussion in Lounge
2:45-3:15 PM ET: Medical Emergencies
How to install medical capabilities at events. Plus: Five things to do during the most common type of event incidents.
- On-site medical facilities
- Event medical staffing
- Event triage and hospital transport
Instructor: Connor Fitzpatrick, COO, CrowdRX
THERE'S MORE! Access digital Q&As with speakers, a networking area for peer-to-peer chats, a resource center with articles and case studies plus top industry partners. Register today before we sell out all available digital seats.
Event Marketing Safety & Security 2018 is produced inside our new state-of-the-art Chief Marketer Academy virtual training environment.